Chris Bowers says no. I agree.
- What the Eff, FAA? My Insanely Long Field Guide to the FAA/FCC 5G C-Band Fight. by Harold November 8, 2021 5G has been accused a lot of ridiculous things -- causing Covid, causing cancer, causing autism. This article provides a list of 9 separate conspiracy…
- Get Ready for the 2022 Season of Spectrum Wars! by Harold March 15, 2022 It isn't the sultry Regency drama of Bridgerton, the action psycho-drama of Moon Knight, or even the, um, whatever the heck Human Resources is. But…
- We Can #ConnectTribes to Broadband, and YOU Can Help! by Harold July 22, 2020 One of the unusual plot twists of this season on Spectrum Wars has been my agreeing more and more with FCC Chairman Ajit Pai. For…
- S. Korea "Sender Pays" Is a Warning, Not a Model, or Why (Almost) Everyone Keeps Telling the EU This Is a VERY Bad Idea. by Harold October 14, 2022 Economist/NYT opinion writer Paul Krugman coined the term "Zombie idea" to describe an idea that, despite being repeatedly refuted with evidence, keeps coming back. Not…
- Breaking Down and Taking Down Trump's Executive Order Spanking Social Media. by Harold June 4, 2020 (A substantially similar version of this appeared first on the blog of my employer, Public Knowledge) It's hard to believe Trump issued this stupid Executive…
- Does SCOTUS EPA Case Impact Net Neutrality? Here’s Why I Say No. by Harold July 1, 2022 For most people, the Supreme Court’s decision in West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency was about environmental policy and what the Environmental Protection Agency can…
The progressives should have had these debates BEFORE the election was over. Navel gazing at this point does not do much good.
Well, we did.
Among others, Harold and I, here on wetmachine raised these points. And so did lots of others on other sites. Not everybody got swept up on Obama fanboy mania.
I have written here, for example, on how Obama’s chicken-shit move on FISA caused me to go down to town hall to quit the Democratic party–only to find out that I had already quit it and forgot that I had.
I didn’t vote for Obama in the primary. I voted for Chris Dodd, even though he had withdrawn by then. True, Dodd is and has been pretty horrible on this banking/financial situation. But he was right on FISA & the Constitution, which in my mind comes first.
Finally, I don’t think what we’re doing now is any more navel-gazing than any blogging is at any time. But certainly I’m encouraging my few readers to participate in the process by advocating for progressive, pro-Constitutional values. That means, among other things, contacting our senators and representatives to tell them how we feel, but also speaking out to keep up & increase pressure on Obama.
The sooner that halo gets yanked away from his glorious head, the better.
I have to say you two were not shall we say waving the flags of joy. I’ll grant you that.
But the progressive movement as a whole? Sorry didn’t see it. I include the MSM in that grouping by the way.
Good or bad the man was not vetted. Which is sort of amusing as the press is now running around and stating that they need economic relief as their role as arbiter of truth is critical to the Republic. Which I would throw back to them is — where were you in 2008??
I agree that nailing Congress for action should be done. Sadly though, their approval ratings are lower than Obama’s so I don’t know if they care till you show up with a gun and put one to their heads. (Not that I am advocating such a thing, just a analogy of the contempt they have for the populace.)