Get out your markers
OpenLaszlo, the nifty, very nifty platform for making web applications that don’t suck (and little widgets too, like the link thingy over on the right side of this page) has got a little contest going: design a T-Shirt, win an iPod. If you have any design skill at all, you should enter. Why not? (I’m talking to you, Gary.)
And whether you have design skill or not, if you write code you should check out OpenLaszlo. It’s some cool stuff. And the documentation is great — lots of clear expository code, and live, running, you-can-edit-them-too code examples.
(Did I mention that I’m the OpenLaszlo doc guy?)
- What the Eff, FAA? My Insanely Long Field Guide to the FAA/FCC 5G C-Band Fight. by Harold November 8, 2021 5G has been accused a lot of ridiculous things -- causing Covid, causing cancer, causing autism. This article provides a list of 9 separate conspiracy…
- Get Ready for the 2022 Season of Spectrum Wars! by Harold March 15, 2022 It isn't the sultry Regency drama of Bridgerton, the action psycho-drama of Moon Knight, or even the, um, whatever the heck Human Resources is. But…
- We Can #ConnectTribes to Broadband, and YOU Can Help! by Harold July 22, 2020 One of the unusual plot twists of this season on Spectrum Wars has been my agreeing more and more with FCC Chairman Ajit Pai. For…
- S. Korea "Sender Pays" Is a Warning, Not a Model, or Why (Almost) Everyone Keeps Telling the EU This Is a VERY Bad Idea. by Harold October 14, 2022 Economist/NYT opinion writer Paul Krugman coined the term "Zombie idea" to describe an idea that, despite being repeatedly refuted with evidence, keeps coming back. Not…
- Breaking Down and Taking Down Trump's Executive Order Spanking Social Media. by Harold June 4, 2020 (A substantially similar version of this appeared first on the blog of my employer, Public Knowledge) It's hard to believe Trump issued this stupid Executive…
- Does SCOTUS EPA Case Impact Net Neutrality? Here’s Why I Say No. by Harold July 1, 2022 For most people, the Supreme Court’s decision in West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency was about environmental policy and what the Environmental Protection Agency can…
An iPod? Pffffft! You guys should give away a music player that supports open standards, like the iAudio U2 (http://eng.cowon.com/produc…), which supports MP3, and also the open source, patent free Ogg Vorbis format. Oh, and it has a screen.
But I guess, you know, you need to appeal to the Mac head designers. Err… like my girlfriend.
Cute player, Gary. Too bad they can’t spell “infomation.”
Have you guys played with Laszlo recently? You should.
Since release 3.0 last spring, Laszlo compiles to static swfs — so you don’t need a j2ee server to deploy them. Apache will do, or you can even send them as email attachments. (You still need a j2ee environment to build the apps — just not to deploy them). (And I know, I know, I should convert the little blogbox app to run “serverless.” I’ll do it soon. . .)
And Gary, yes, have your friend design a T-Shirt. The contest is pretty wide open right now. Last I heard there were very few entries. . .
The platform is great, but the docs would be better if the widget in the sidebar linked to some of the doc guy’s more recently hired co-workers.
I will fix that this weekend.