Any conclusions from the following?
* Since 9/11, the portion of DARPA’s computer science budget going to universities has dropped drastically from $214M to $123M. (Pretty paltry, in my biased opinion.)
* Universities (at least the one’s I’m familiar with) are typically prohibited from doing classified research on campus.
* The total DARPA computer science budget over the same period has actually increased slightly, from $546M to $583M.
* DARPA’s Total Information Awareness project, initially unclassified, has officially been ended by Congress.
* The last year in which Ashcroft had requested unclassified funding for TIA was 2004. He had asked for something north of $100M.
Say, what is Ashcroft doing since going back into “private” life? What is Poindexter up to?